Re: Serial Connection -- shielding

MAROUNI Abbass wrote:
In a production environment, this what will happen :

Two servers connected with a single serial cable ( Which I need to figure out how?! :) ), ttyS0 on server1 to ttyS0 on server2. getty is always listening to the ttyS0 port on both servers (assured by inittab respawn).

This may not work as expected.
I think you intend to enable kernel and grub serial console too (good idea for remote diagnostics). This way, if you start both servers, one of them starts getty earlier (asking for login/password), while the other still sending its console messages, login prompt, etc., straight into the getty's stdin on the first server.

I am still not convinced that the serial cable might have different ends

normally... but might be defective...