Re: how to get 3D acceleration with an intel i7?

On Thu, 31 Mar 2011 10:36:31 +0200, Bruno Boettcher wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 06:28:02PM +0000, Camaleón wrote:
>> On Wed, 30 Mar 2011 19:05:13 +0200, Bruno Boettcher wrote: You will
>> need to find out why the intel driver fails to load and Xorg fallbacks
>> to vesa or fb mode, if that's what is really happening here.

> hmmm indeed reading the log i don't think that's happening....

Yep... at least to me there is no clear error showing in the log :-?
(neither warnings nor problems for enabling 3D acceleration).

And provided you seem to be using a recent -and customized?- kernel
(Linux yoda 2.6.37-2-amd64) and also an updated Xorg server (1.9.5)
upgrading any of those components does not make much sense, right?

>> Upload your full "/var/log/Xorg.0.conf" file to www.pastebin.com and
>> put back the link so someone can give you any clue :-)
> http://pastebin.com/1u6aK0aJ
>
> ah .... and as it seems its my application that needs explicitely some
> known driver.... glxgears and tuxracer do work (not extremely fast but
>     acceptably....)

What is the exact behaviour you are experiencing? Do you feel the desktop
is sluggish or a concrete application is not running smooth? Did you
enable desktop effects? BTW, what desktop are you using?

The more data you provide, the better for other people can tell you some
hints :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón