Finnishing apt/aptitude runs with a script?

Hi,

I'm running a host-based intrusion detection system (HIDS) and have to
update it's database whenever I upgrade the system using apt/aptitude.

Does that package management suite provide the functionality to run a
script/shell command when it's quitting? I'd prefer such a solution over the
current scripting approach as I all to aften find myself automatically
typing "aptitude" instead of "<Myscript>" ...

Thank you for any pointers, Joh