Re: Autodetect proxy not working in Iceweasel

On Sun, 27 Mar 2011 13:33:12 -0300, Daniel Bareiro wrote:

> I just installed Squid on a host of my house with Debian Squeeze. Then I
> added in my DHCP server the following configuration options:
>
> option wpad code 252 = text;
> option wpad "http://wpad.freesoftware/proxy.pac\n";;

(...)

Just a side note on this.

By reading the Wikipedia article about WPAD¹ it looks like Firefox can
only play nice with a DNS based method as specifically mentioned in the
Notes section:

***
DHCP has a higher priority than DNS: if DHCP provides the WPAD URL, no
DNS lookup is performed. Notice that Firefox and Chrome do not support
DHCP, only DNS
***

Not sure if that information still remains true, though...

¹http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_Proxy_Autodiscovery_Protocol

Greetings,

--
Camaleón