Re: Console news aggregator: snownews with atom2rss

On Wed, 30 Mar 2011 08:36:00 +0200
Klistvud <quotations@aliceadsl.fr> wrote:

> Dne, 30. 03. 2011 07:14:49 je Joel Roth napisal(a):
> > On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 02:59:42PM -1000, Joel Roth wrote:
> >
> > Now that I have snownews working (thanks Freeman!) I'm finding that
> > liferea turns out to be *very* good too, and maybe my
> > favorite.
> >

> +1
> Plus, it comes preconfigured with debian-planet and other interesting
> feeds. Of course, it's not a console app.

I use Liferea heavily, and I've even filed a number of bugs against
it.  I quite like it, but I'm unhappy with its very heavy resource
usage when updating (I do have a fair number of feeds).  Is this a fact
of life with all feed readers, or poor coding in Liferea?

Celejar