Re: debian 6 - latest release - internet connection

Johan Scheepers, 27.03.2011:
> On 03/26/2011 08:34 PM, Selim T. Erdogan wrote:
> >Johan Scheepers, 20.03.2011:
> >>After installing debian 6 it was found that it prefers built in wireless
> >>connection on my dsl.
> >>
> >>The wire connection was inserted and available.
> >>
> >>The wireless connection works ok at 55% but I would prefer wired
> >>connection.
> >>
> >>Fedora, centos, mandriva prefers wired connection on installation.
> >>
> >>Could there be a reason for debian's behaviour.
> >When you say "inserted and available" do you mean just plugged in, or
> >actually working in Debian?  Could it be that the wired ethernet card
> >was not recognized and/or no driver was loaded?  Does the wired
> >interface work if you turn off the wireless manually?
> >

> Good day,
> Was installing debian 6. Went through the fases answer the questions.
> It whent on and installed about 1200 files without asking the wireless
> password.
> Now I think it must have used the wired connection.

That'a good sign.  If you didn't have to provide any information during
installation, it would mean the setup was determined automatically.  Is
the wired connection you're trying to use now the same one you were
hooked up to during the installation?

> When I rebooted (first reboot after install) it was found that the
> wireless connection was used.
>
> It will not auto configure eth0. I can not manually configure eth0.
> I can not answer required questions.

Can you write what specific commands or GUI selections you try and what
"required questions"?