Re: debian 6 - latest release - internet connection

Johan Scheepers, 20.03.2011:
> After installing debian 6 it was found that it prefers built in wireless
> connection on my dsl.
> The wire connection was inserted and available.
> The wireless connection works ok at 55% but I would prefer wired connection.
> Fedora, centos, mandriva prefers wired connection on installation.
> Could there be a reason for debian's behaviour.

When you say "inserted and available" do you mean just plugged in, or
actually working in Debian?  Could it be that the wired ethernet card
was not recognized and/or no driver was loaded?  Does the wired
interface work if you turn off the wireless manually?