Re: What happened to debian - does "stable" keep having any meaning?

Hello,

Tom H wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 1:56 AM, Geronimo <geronimo013@arcor.de> wrote:
> > Tom H wrote:
> >> - Does grub-probe on squeeze and maverick return the same values?
> >
> > Looks like this is true. See attachments.
>
> Yes. Although the "after some reboots" result of having hd4 correspond
> to sda is strange.

LOL - that's my every day business :)

Changing device names caused by switching a drive from backplane on sounds
reasonable to me. But I don't understand changing of drive naming without
changing active drives.

> May be we should've also used "search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set
> 59c82698-6fcc-4512-a51c-261348d637da" rather than "set
> root='(hd2,msdos2)'" just to be sure to be using the correct
> partition.

Sorry, but I don't understand that much, that I know, where to put your
changes, so please tell me the entire section and I'll perform that test.

> Sorry.

No reason for sorry! - Tell my what I should test and I'll do that test.

kind regards

Gero