Re: What happened to debian - does "stable" keep having any meaning?

Hello,

Tom H wrote:
> Thanks for the diff but it made me go cros-eyed. :)

Same happened to me :)

> Take a look at them below. Your squeeze grub.cfg sets root as sdg2
> then sde2 through 00_linux, as sdg2 through 05_debian_theme, and sde2
> through 10_linux.
>
> I don't have 05_debian_theme on my boxes (deleted!) but looking
> quickly at 10_linux, the first "set root..." comes from a grub-probe
> of the directory corresponding to $GRUB_THEME.

I don't need debian_theme, guess it came from christmas addons. I don't care
about the look of grub - I just want to bring up the system to start work.

To complete confusion, I guess, that debian_theme tries to get some files from
/usr/share/... so if /usr is another drive (like in my case), it has to have a
different root.
Here again the (hdX, msdosY) will point to anything, but the right partition.

Currently I'm busy with backup/restore, so can't reboot system.
May be today evening, or tomorrow ...

kind regards

Gero