Re: What happened to debian - does "stable" keep having any meaning?

Hello,

briand@aracnet.com wrote:
> Geronimo <geronimo013@arcor.de> wrote:
> > Tom H wrote:
> > > - grub wasn't updated for 6.0.1. Its last squeeze update was on 17
> > > January, pre-6.0 release (6 February IIRC). So, strictly speaking,
> > > it isn't grub that's broken grub.
> >
> > Ok, then I apologize everything I wrote about grub.
>
> don't apologize.  a  lot of people have had trouble with grub.

For me its a debian QA issue.

grub may have bugs, as well as linux kernel - and of cause, each bug may break
a system or lead to fresh installation, which does not work.
That's no problem - if it happens at sid or testing.

... but for me, its completely unacceptable having this happen to debian
stable.

No other linux distribution has that QA-level of debian, so it may happen on
every other linux too.

Debian stable is a synonym for really good (and unreached by others) QA - and
this has been broken now.

kind regards

Gero