Re: What happened to debian - does "stable" keep having any meaning?

On Wed, 23 Mar 2011 10:14:19 +0100
Geronimo <geronimo013@arcor.de> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Tom H wrote:
> > - grub wasn't updated for 6.0.1. Its last squeeze update was on 17
> > January, pre-6.0 release (6 February IIRC). So, strictly speaking,
> > it isn't grub that's broken grub.
>
> Ok, then I apologize everything I wrote about grub.

don't apologize.  a  lot of people have had trouble with grub.  grub
broke my system and to this day cannot be installed successfully, and I
have exactly one disk drive.

then again, it worked out-of-the-box on both my other systems including
a laptop...

Brian