Re: ClamAV update to 0.97

On Wed, 16 Mar 2011 20:32:11 +0200, Andrei Popescu wrote:

> On Ma, 15 mar 11, 09:54:00, D G Teed wrote:
>>
>> What I'm seeing now puzzles me.  I'm considering the same situation,
>> except for squeeze.
>>
>> The packages site says .97 is available in lenny-volatile. But .97 is
>> not showing up in squeeze-updates, which is supposed to replace
>> volatile.
>> I question whether the squeeze-updates really works as a replacement
>> for volatile.
>> I don't see mention of it in the debian packages reports.  e.g.:
>>
>> http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=clamav
>
> While you are right about clamav (did you try to contact the package
> maintainer?) it seems like packages.debian.org doesn't know that tzdata
> has a new version in squeeze-updates, although it is there. It seems
> like a glitch/bug in the scripts behind p.d.o.

I arised this question into Debian volatile mailing list and got some
feedback (the link below will be of help for D G Teed):

http://lists.debian.org/debian-volatile/2011/03/msg00010.html

In addition, the assigned CVE is also here:

http://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/CVE-2011-1003

So if the packages for squeeze are still not there soon they will.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón