Security of the browsers

Hi,

I have been using Ubuntu for a while for my desktop and I am planning
to come back to Debian stable because there is now a two-year release
cycle which is more reasonable.

My worried is related with the security of the browser. The Ubuntu
approach is to use the latest version of mozilla or the chromium
project.

The Debian approach is to freeze the version and apply themselves the
patches. In my opinion this is worse because the mozilla/chromium
project should know better the problems/security issues related with
their browsers right?

Can I consider these frozen versions secure enough.

How secure is the chromium browser in Debian? It is an and old release the 6.

Thanks,
Dan