Re: squeeze on 2TB drive

On 03/10/2011 10:57 AM, chris wrote:
As for the suggestion to format the drive ahead of time this doesnt
help as grub still fails to install, so something is obviously still
wrong.

I use debian-6.0.0-i386-DVD-1 via Jigdo:

    http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/6.0.0/i386/jigdo-dvd/

At the very first screen ("Installer boot menu"), choose "Advanced options" then "Rescue mode". You will end up in a root shell and can run fdisk.

Any other ideas?

Life is easier where your O/S and apps are on one drive ("system drive") and your data is on another. I'd use that 2 TB for data and get another drive for the system (preferably solid state). My primary desktop has a root partition of 13.2 GB (4.6 GB used) and a data partition of 769 GB (LVM JBOD of one 300 GB drive plus two 250 GB drives).

HTH,

David