Re: Upgrading the old OS vs. fresh installation of the new OS

On Wed, 09 Mar 2011 17:13:17 -0600, Jason Hsu wrote:

> I'd especially like to hear from those of you who are Linux consultants
> or sysadmins.  This is a timely topic given that Debian Squeeze moved
> from the testing branch to the stable branch.
>
> Which do you prefer: Upgrading the old OS or doing a fresh installation?
>  I learn towards a fresh installation.

(...)

A fresh/new install, if possible, in parallel.

I always avoid removing something that is currently working if it's in
production. I prefer installing apart, test the new system, check for any
problem and then decide with confidence.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón