Re: Upgrading the old OS vs. fresh installation of the new OS

Dne, 10. 03. 2011 16:26:02 je Camaleón napisal(a):

A fresh/new install, if possible, in parallel.

I always avoid removing something that is currently working if it's in
production. I prefer installing apart, test the new system, check for any
problem and then decide with confidence.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

+1

The advantage of having the old system available in parallel is in that you can easily copy all your specific/modified configuration files over to the new install, or at least use them as reference.

--
Cheerio,

Klistvud http://bufferoverflow.tiddlyspot.com Certifiable Loonix User #481801 Please reply to the list, not to me.