Re: What is the difference?

> | 	Get list of package selections, and write it to stdout. Without a
> | 	pattern,  non-installed  packages  (i.e.  those which  have  been
> | 	previously purged) will not be shown.

Yes, of course I read this. But I thoughtm, the asterisk would mark ANY
pattern, and no asterisk means the same. So IMO both results should be the
same.
> ----

> I also get a difference.  Version a) lists several additional packages
> as "to be installed", some of which no longer exist.  I wonder why
> (maybe I have used inadvertently used dselect(1) as root?).
>
> Sven

It is not a great problem, but I wondered, why non-installed packages appeared
as to be installed. When I googled, most sites are pointing to version a) and
some to b). The correct version is b) --> dpkg --get-selections > mylist.txt,
(if you want, like me, ONLY installed packages). Maybe the manual should be
improved, to make it clear?

Have fun!

Hans