Re: Where is the disk label stored?

On Sat, Mar 05, 2011 at 07:04:29PM +0100, Hans-J. Ullrich wrote:
> But I got no success, too. IMO the label is stored somewhere else and maybe
> bound to the hardware, i.e. the UUID or something.

i think the disk label is stored in the hardware.
"tune2fs -l  /dev/your-sd-card | more " should show
the tunable parameters of which disk label may be first.

Also try to use e2label command.

"e2label device" may show you the label and
"e2label device [newlabel]" may set one for you.

/Jeffrin.

--
software engineer.
department of computer science