Re: Debian 6 64-bit and Openbox: Opinions, Suggestions, Pitfalls.

On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 12:07 PM, Patrick Bartek <bartek047@yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- On Mon, 2/28/11, Klistvud <quotations@aliceadsl.fr> wrote:
> My reasons for abandoning the desktop environment and
> going pure Openbox is more philosophical than practical.
>  My current Fedora 12 64-bit system with GNOME runs
> just fine even with the CPU running most of the time at
> 1/3rd speed.  It's just that I abhor the waste of "cool"
> features that serve no purpose other than to impress.
> Wow!  Cooool!  At least, with Linux I have a choice.
>  If I were running Windows or OSX . . .

FYI, fluxbox might be an alternative for that purpose as well (my
choice), but there are others like fvwm2, pekwm, icewm, etc...  I use
fluxbox on coppermine (<=800MHz) , on penryn (2.20 GHz), on lemote
mini-pcs, and it works pretty nice/light on all of them, besides being
good looking if you want it to be, :-)

--
Javier.