Re: Configuring QLogic QLA4010c on Debian on Sparc
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cc: RR <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: Configuring QLogic QLA4010c on Debian on Sparc
- From: Stan Hoeppner <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 21:34:46 -0600
- Message-id: <[🔎] 4D6C6956.email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <4D63052C.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <AANLkTimDi6i6Z4cfvLSMykqP46rbiPwPVAGgRUXkVemail@example.com> <4D507BFD.firstname.lastname@example.org> <AANLkTimfG5-jWQvC_vAA5qNwNK-_QD7ou85Q4hD9UHPT@mail.gmail.com> <4D5254DC.email@example.com> <AANLkTin03_PNEVwvUdOTpeX8RhWCEpYqmHC3=5yYHc4x@mail.gmail.com> <4D58BCA1.firstname.lastname@example.org> <AANLkTimrnbtARWi-4OPKSO-nKxqMtoPH5u-Cd1Ug-4L_@mail.gmail.com> <4D5C6788.email@example.com> <AANLkTi=uqsH1J1tPeziSZi-+HVmk0rGCQk-GKWphx5f8@mail.gmail.com> <4D63052C.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Stan Hoeppner put forth on 2/21/2011 6:37 PM:
> RR put forth on 2/21/2011 5:47 PM:
Have you made any progress on this?
>> I hope it's "simply" just that and the HBA doesn't need any programming via
>> its own utility that accesses the firmware through some low-level API via
>> the driver etc that I have packages for for other OS/Distros
> Have you looked yet in?
> You should read this:
> paying attention to aspects that apply to you and ignoring those that
> don't. I.e. find the conf files on your system with similar names.
> Also, if you can find a version of this script for the qla4xxx series,
> you should be set. I've been unable to locate one.
> If you can hack this up for the qla4xxx series it should do exactly what
> you need, from the command line.
>> I'm already on the Debian Sparc mailing list but will enrol in the Debian
>> Enterprise and Linux iSCSI lists as well. Thanks for the suggestions Stan.
>> You DO sound like a Hardware freak / geek and I mean that as a compliment,
>> of course :)
> I so wish I had one of these cards in a system. I'd have likely had
> this solved for you already. That said, if I could do it, you should be
> able to as well. You already have the module loaded and thus all the
> conf files exist. You should be able to find them all in a just few
> minutes, edit and save the, reboot, done.
> Also, given Debian SPARC has a driver module for that card, and it
> installs and works correctly, given the Qlogic doesn't provide a
> Linux/SPARC version of its GUI config tool, I'd bet there is already a
> CLI config tool on your Debian install somewhere. You just need to find
> it. I was hoping someone on one of these lists would have this information.
> Thanks for the compliment. :) I'm not as much of a hardwarefreak as I
> once was. Or, maybe I'm just freaking on lesser amount of different
> (higher end) hardware. ;)