Re: help setting up an e-mail server for a newbie

On 03/01/2011 07:28 AM, mike cutie and maia wrote:
Hi all,

I am new when it comes to setting up mail servers I got my bind9 to work but
I need some instructions to set up a mail server with pop3 and also to make
sure that people using Microsoft can fatch and retrieve mail from the server
any ideas?

If you're looking for total exchange replacement, I'd suggest using Zimbra. If not, Postfix SMTP server + Dovecot POP3/IMAP server will do just fine.
Here's a easy to follow guide : http://workaround.org/ispmail/lenny

Mihira.