Re: Squeeze: can Bluetooth headset work without pulseaudio???

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 6:34 PM, Klistvud <quotations@aliceadsl.fr> wrote:
> Dne, 28. 02. 2011 21:41:26 je John napisal(a):
>
>> I appreciate hearing about your success.  I can get the pairing, but
>> it is always "failed to connect"
>
> Hmm, that's a problem you should definitely fix first. Try to pinpoint it.
> There are several routes to explore. Is there a problem with the PIN number
> you're required to enter when pairing? Does pairing with other bluetooth
> devices (not headsets) work? Have you tried another bluetooth headset? Does
> your headset work with a phone, an mp3 player or any other device? Are there
> helper bluetooth packages for KDE that should be installed in order to make
> a bluetooth headset connect?

To answer that last bit first, I did install Blueman, which some
people claim is quite good.  Previously was using BlueDevil which is
the standard for KDE.

The headset DOES work with my Nokia phone, and the Nokia phone does do
file transfers with my computer.

In any case, out of desperation, I installed gnome in my Squeeze
system.  I figure if I can get bluetooth to work there, maybe I can
transfer things back to KDE.  (OR, quite possibly, I may become a
Gnome fan).  The interesting thing is that pulseaudio was installed by
default in the gnome package.

I'm going to take a break before I try anything else.  I will report
if there's anything interesting.

John