Re: Squeeze: can Bluetooth headset work without pulseaudio???

Dne, 28. 02. 2011 21:41:26 je John napisal(a):

I appreciate hearing about your success.  I can get the pairing, but
it is always "failed to connect"

Hmm, that's a problem you should definitely fix first. Try to pinpoint it. There are several routes to explore. Is there a problem with the PIN number you're required to enter when pairing? Does pairing with other bluetooth devices (not headsets) work? Have you tried another bluetooth headset? Does your headset work with a phone, an mp3 player or any other device? Are there helper bluetooth packages for KDE that should be installed in order to make a bluetooth headset connect?

I've spent some time trying to figure out how .asoundrc is supposed to
work.  Once again, the documentation is little help, for me anyway.
Do you recall where you found the text that you entered in .asoundrc?
I found my text here:

http://wiki.debian.org/Bluetooth/Alsa

I tried each version, always get the same results.

I notice that the device code has quotes around it in the wiki
version, and not in your version.  My guess is that it probably works
either way, but is all of this documented someplace?

Well, it probably is, but I generally solve my Debian problems with one part google fu, one part help from this mailing list, and eight parts trial and error. I've stopped keeping links to howtos, wikis and such, because when I did, I never seemed to be able to track them down when I needed them. Besides, instructionals are a moving target anyway and may change with a new package version without notice.

BTW, what about that script you wrote for starting it?  If I wanted to
write something for KDE, where did you find the basics and knowledge
to create that script?  (Not the basic bash scripting, but the alsa
stuff)

Google fu again. After a couple of years of GNOME I've also grown accustomed to the GNOME registry, so I can sort of find my way around it. In my script, there's probably only one line that's essential anyway, the line that binds the gstreamer audiosink to bt_audio. I haven't the faintest idea where you could find related info for KDE. An additional problem might be that the KDE 4.x branch being relatively young, there's not that much info lurking on the net as opposed to GNOME which has been around for quite some time now.

Thanks for your input.

Don't mention it. Sorry I couldn't be of more substantial help. Maybe you could find some pointers on the SUSE or Mandriva forums, and other more KDE-oriented sources.

--
Cheerio,

Klistvud http://bufferoverflow.tiddlyspot.com Certifiable Loonix User #481801 Please reply to the list, not to me.