Need to confirm re 'fstab', before rebooting my Squeeze

Hi List.

I have installed Squeeze from scratch using a USB stick.
The installer regarded that stick as "/dev/sda".   So the
/etc/fstab that it installed lists my system disk (til now
always "/dev/sda") as "/dev/sdb", and similarly my 2nd
disk (til now "/dev/sdb") as "/dev/sdc".

If I now run 'mount' (with USB stick removed), it names
these devices as I had originally -- system disk '/dev/sda',
secondary '/dev/sdb'.

Meanwhile, /etc/fstab is specifying each device, not as
either of those names, but as a mile-long UUID number.

So my question: When I rebooting, can I safely assume
that, because fstab is using UUIDs and not "/dev/..."(s),
the system won't get confused?

Thanks,
Pete