Re: Best and most popular distros for the enterprise desktop

On Monday 28 February 2011 13:47:23 Jason Hsu wrote:
> For those of you who have helped a company or organization migrate from
> Windows to Linux or from one Linux distro to another, what is your
> preference?

The only time I've been involved in such a project it was from a hetrogenous
AIX/HP-UX/NCR(legacy) environment to a hetrogenous AIX/HP-UX/NCR(legacy)/SLES
environment.

I would have recommended Debian instead, but I wasn't consulted.  SLES allows
them to mostly operate in the same manner, as they were previously, though.  A
shift to Debian would have required them to take a more active role in OS
issue diagnosis and remediation, but they have sufficient technical staff to
do so.