Re: Intermittent internet since upgrading to squeeze

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 2:04 PM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Feb 2011 00:48:23 +0200, George wrote:
>
> > Ever since I upgraded to squeeze I have intermittent internet. It works
> > for about 30-45 seconds, then it stops. I have to do
> >
> > ifdown -a
> > ifup -a
> >
> > which brings it back, only for it to go down again. The strange part is
> > that no such problems occur when booting into recovery mode. I tried
> > disabling ipv6 at the kernel level but it didn't make any difference.
> > This is simple Ethernet networking and it was working fine in lenny.
>
> Simple ethernet networking can be "not that simple" :-)
>
> Are you using dhcp or any dial client (pppd)?
> Are you using NetworkManager?
> Can you still make local pings?
> Can you browse the web if you specify the IP address of the host?
> Ethernet card and driver?

I'm using dhcp. I don't know if I'm using networkmanager. Once the
problem starts I can only ping localhost. I can't even ping the
gateway router. My /etc/network/interfaces is as follows:

# The loopback network interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback
address 127.0.0.1