Re: Intermittent internet since upgrading to squeeze

On Mon, 28 Feb 2011 00:48:23 +0200, George wrote:

> Ever since I upgraded to squeeze I have intermittent internet. It works
> for about 30-45 seconds, then it stops. I have to do
>
> ifdown -a
> ifup -a
>
> which brings it back, only for it to go down again. The strange part is
> that no such problems occur when booting into recovery mode. I tried
> disabling ipv6 at the kernel level but it didn't make any difference.
> This is simple Ethernet networking and it was working fine in lenny.

Simple ethernet networking can be "not that simple" :-)

Are you using dhcp or any dial client (pppd)?
Are you using NetworkManager?
Can you still make local pings?
Can you browse the web if you specify the IP address of the host?
Ethernet card and driver?

We need more data and logs (if available and provide something relevant).

Greetings,

--
Camaleón