Re: Best and most popular distros for the enterprise desktop

On Mon, 28 Feb 2011 14:56:07 -0500
Chris Brennan <xaero@xaerolimit.net> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 2:47 PM, Jason Hsu <jhsu802701@jasonhsu.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Are there any rankings of the most popular Linux distros for the
> > enterprise desktop?  My guess is that the most popular enterprise
> > desktop distros are Ubuntu, RedHat, and SUSE.
> >

> http://distrowatch.com/ is probably what you want.

Well I think their stats are not the greatest. I'm sure most people
know that every 15 year old kid has downloaded Ubuntu no less than
about a thousand times. Same kid has no idea about the rolling upgrade
process and wait's so patiently until the official release party has
said, yes it's done.. All the while LOUDLY proclaiming that it can't be
found by pointing a source list at the newest and lamest project. Even
more the reason they are all surprised how developers actually have
access to 11.04 or whatever and they wait for /. to announce where to
'find' a beta build or whatever..

distrowatch is like counting the miles of a car tire stuck in snow.