Re: Debian Wiki participation..?

On Sun, 27 Feb 2011 13:53:09 +0100, Simon Hollenbach wrote:

>> (please, avoid using html)
> Sorry about that, i took the time to dig in modest, my mail client, to
> find that option. I prefer it as well, so thanks...

No problem.

>> That is something up to wiki maintainers/admins, so you should contact
>> and discuss the right status for that page with them.

> Have you got a proposed way how to accomplish that most easily? I think
> the bug report should be sufficient, I hereby ask the OP to post the
> link when a bug was opened...

There are many ways. Opening a bug report is one of them. Asking in their
mailing list or using IRC is another. To be sincere, I think whatever
path you take it will reach the right person/people :-)

>> People, that is what a Wiki is: freely editable by anyone with an
>> account.

> Sure. But thats why I think a wiki is not the best place to post a
> privacy statement and such.

AFAICT, that Privacy statement is just for the wiki (its content and
management), not for the whole Debian web pages. OTOH, one of the
advantages of most wiki based content systems is that all changes are
recorded and you can monitor special pages so if someone edits a
monitored page you receive a warning via e-mail (I hope "moinmoin" also
allows that).

>> If you want to improve those things, try by contacting the wiki admins.

> I hesitate on doing that now as I suppose the wiki-admins got more
> important stuff to do. If someone would confirm that this wouldn't be
> 'annoying', I will write to them.

Those changes (making a wiki page closed for edition or restricted) tend
to be discussed between all the members of the wiki team. I dunno if this
remains true for Debian wiki.

> Hope I got the mail format right this time, if not, tell me.

Yes, this went fine.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón