Re: Debian Wiki participation..?

On Sun, 27 Feb 2011 12:26:57 +0100, Simon Hollenbach wrote:

(please, avoid using html)

> Hello Camaléon,
> so we got a privacy statement, but as the wiki states, this shouldn't be
> part of what is editable by everyone, but become a static page.

That is something up to wiki maintainers/admins, so you should contact
and discuss the right status for that page with them.

> Furthermore, I suppose a link from the registration page is missing,
> maybe for a good reason (it could be changed by everyone who thinks e.g.
> he/she has to be very funny)

People, that is what a Wiki is: freely editable by anyone with an account.

There are pages that can be protected but most of them will be
susceptible to vandalism or user errors.

> I dont know if u read the statement, but AFAICS there is _no_ statement
> about the handling of submitted eMail-addresses. So the OP's concern is
> not resolved by this privacy policy.

If you want to improve those things, try by contacting the wiki admins.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón