Re: Unrecognized security certificate warning is gone

On 02/25/11 07:29, Marc Shapiro wrote:
On 02/25/11 04:01, Camaleón wrote:
On Thu, 24 Feb 2011 20:37:52 -0800, Marc Shapiro wrote:

I am using Firefox, not Iceweasel, but I think this question should
apply in either case. I am trying to connect to work using the Citrix
client. I used to get a warning that the certificate was not recognized
and do I want to continue, or not. I am no longer getting the warning,
but Firefox is assuming that I have said NOT to accept the certificate
and it is closing the connection. How do I get the warning and question
back.

Try to open a brand-new session for Firefox, for example, by running it
as another user or by creating a new profile.

The client is currently set up just for me, not systemwide. However,
there is a newer version, so I could uninstall the old version and the
install the new one as root so it will be systemwide.

You can also try to start firefox from command line.

BTW, this is happening with Opera and Kazehakase, as well, not just
Firefox. Is there some place that all of these browsers would look to
define this behavior?

I've always thought that every browser handles their certificates
database (and warnings) independently, but I agree it must a commom point
here as all browsers are failing in the same manner.

How about your Citrix client? Does it have any settings to manage SSL
certificates?

I don't know. This is the standard linux client provided by Citrix.

Marc

Th actual error that I am getting is:

You have not chosen to trust "VeriSign 3 Public Primary Certification Authority - G3", the issuer of the server's security certificate (SSL error 61).

The contents of /etc/ca-certificates.conf is:

# This file lists certificates that you wish to use or to ignore to be
# installed in /etc/ssl/certs.
# update-ca-certificates(8) will update /etc/ssl/certs by reading this file.
#
# This is autogenerated by dpkg-reconfigure ca-certificates.
# certificates shoule be installed under /usr/share/ca-certificates
# and files with extension '.crt' is recognized as available certs.
#
# line begins with # is comment.
# line begins with ! is certificate filename to be deselected.
#
brasil.gov.br/brasil.gov.br.crt
!cacert.org/cacert.org.crt
mozilla/ABAecom_=sub.__Am._Bankers_Assn.=_Root_CA.crt
mozilla/AOL_Time_Warner_Root_Certification_Authority_1.crt
mozilla/AOL_Time_Warner_Root_Certification_Authority_2.crt
mozilla/AddTrust_External_Root.crt
mozilla/AddTrust_Low-Value_Services_Root.crt
mozilla/AddTrust_Public_Services_Root.crt
mozilla/AddTrust_Qualified_Certificates_Root.crt
mozilla/America_Online_Root_Certification_Authority_1.crt
mozilla/America_Online_Root_Certification_Authority_2.crt
mozilla/Baltimore_CyberTrust_Root.crt
mozilla/Certum_Root_CA.crt
mozilla/Comodo_AAA_Services_root.crt
mozilla/Comodo_Secure_Services_root.crt
mozilla/Comodo_Trusted_Services_root.crt
mozilla/Digital_Signature_Trust_Co._Global_CA_1.crt
mozilla/Digital_Signature_Trust_Co._Global_CA_2.crt
mozilla/Digital_Signature_Trust_Co._Global_CA_3.crt
mozilla/Digital_Signature_Trust_Co._Global_CA_4.crt
mozilla/Entrust.net_Global_Secure_Personal_CA.crt
mozilla/Entrust.net_Global_Secure_Server_CA.crt
mozilla/Entrust.net_Premium_2048_Secure_Server_CA.crt
mozilla/Entrust.net_Secure_Personal_CA.crt
mozilla/Entrust.net_Secure_Server_CA.crt
mozilla/Equifax_Secure_CA.crt
mozilla/Equifax_Secure_Global_eBusiness_CA.crt
mozilla/Equifax_Secure_eBusiness_CA_1.crt
mozilla/Equifax_Secure_eBusiness_CA_2.crt
mozilla/GTE_CyberTrust_Global_Root.crt
mozilla/GTE_CyberTrust_Root_CA.crt
mozilla/GeoTrust_Global_CA.crt
mozilla/GlobalSign_Root_CA.crt
mozilla/IPS_CLASE1_root.crt
mozilla/IPS_CLASE3_root.crt
mozilla/IPS_CLASEA1_root.crt
mozilla/IPS_CLASEA3_root.crt
mozilla/IPS_Chained_CAs_root.crt
mozilla/IPS_Servidores_root.crt
mozilla/IPS_Timestamping_root.crt
mozilla/QuoVadis_Root_CA.crt
mozilla/RSA_Root_Certificate_1.crt
mozilla/RSA_Security_1024_v3.crt
mozilla/RSA_Security_2048_v3.crt
mozilla/Security_Communication_Root_CA.crt
mozilla/Sonera_Class_1_Root_CA.crt
mozilla/Sonera_Class_2_Root_CA.crt
mozilla/Staat_der_Nederlanden_Root_CA.crt
mozilla/TC_TrustCenter__Germany__Class_2_CA.crt
mozilla/TC_TrustCenter__Germany__Class_3_CA.crt
mozilla/TDC_Internet_Root_CA.crt
mozilla/TDC_OCES_Root_CA.crt
mozilla/Thawte_Personal_Basic_CA.crt
mozilla/Thawte_Personal_Freemail_CA.crt
mozilla/Thawte_Personal_Premium_CA.crt
mozilla/Thawte_Premium_Server_CA.crt
mozilla/Thawte_Server_CA.crt
mozilla/Thawte_Time_Stamping_CA.crt
mozilla/UTN-USER_First-Network_Applications.crt
mozilla/UTN_DATACorp_SGC_Root_CA.crt
mozilla/UTN_USERFirst_Email_Root_CA.crt
mozilla/UTN_USERFirst_Hardware_Root_CA.crt
mozilla/UTN_USERFirst_Object_Root_CA.crt
mozilla/ValiCert_Class_1_VA.crt
mozilla/ValiCert_Class_2_VA.crt
mozilla/Verisign_Class_1_Public_Primary_Certification_Authority.crt
mozilla/Verisign_Class_1_Public_Primary_Certification_Authority_-_G2.crt
mozilla/Verisign_Class_1_Public_Primary_Certification_Authority_-_G3.crt
!mozilla/Verisign_Class_1_Public_Primary_OCSP_Responder.crt
mozilla/Verisign_Class_2_Public_Primary_Certification_Authority.crt
mozilla/Verisign_Class_2_Public_Primary_Certification_Authority_-_G2.crt
mozilla/Verisign_Class_2_Public_Primary_Certification_Authority_-_G3.crt
!mozilla/Verisign_Class_2_Public_Primary_OCSP_Responder.crt
mozilla/Verisign_Class_3_Public_Primary_Certification_Authority.crt
mozilla/Verisign_Class_3_Public_Primary_Certification_Authority_-_G2.crt
mozilla/Verisign_Class_3_Public_Primary_Certification_Authority_-_G3.crt
!mozilla/Verisign_Class_3_Public_Primary_OCSP_Responder.crt
mozilla/Verisign_Class_4_Public_Primary_Certification_Authority_-_G2.crt
mozilla/Verisign_Class_4_Public_Primary_Certification_Authority_-_G3.crt
mozilla/Verisign_RSA_Secure_Server_CA.crt
!mozilla/Verisign_Secure_Server_OCSP_Responder.crt
mozilla/Verisign_Time_Stamping_Authority_CA.crt
mozilla/Visa_International_Global_Root_2.crt
mozilla/Visa_eCommerce_Root.crt
mozilla/beTRUSTed_Root_CA-Baltimore_Implementation.crt
mozilla/beTRUSTed_Root_CA.crt
mozilla/beTRUSTed_Root_CA_-_Entrust_Implementation.crt
mozilla/beTRUSTed_Root_CA_-_RSA_Implementation.crt
quovadis.bm/QuoVadis_Root_Certification_Authority.crt
signet.pl/signet_ca1_pem.crt
signet.pl/signet_ca2_pem.crt
signet.pl/signet_ca3_pem.crt
signet.pl/signet_ocspklasa2_pem.crt
signet.pl/signet_ocspklasa3_pem.crt
signet.pl/signet_pca2_pem.crt
signet.pl/signet_pca3_pem.crt
signet.pl/signet_rootca_pem.crt
signet.pl/signet_tsa1_pem.crt
!spi-inc.org/spi-ca.crt
!spi-inc.org/SPI_CA_2006-cacert.crt
cacert.org/class3.crt
cacert.org/root.crt
debconf.org/ca.crt
gouv.fr/cert_igca_dsa.crt
gouv.fr/cert_igca_rsa.crt
mozilla/COMODO_Certification_Authority.crt
mozilla/Camerfirma_Chambers_of_Commerce_Root.crt
mozilla/Camerfirma_Global_Chambersign_Root.crt
mozilla/Certplus_Class_2_Primary_CA.crt
mozilla/DST_ACES_CA_X6.crt
mozilla/DST_Root_CA_X3.crt
mozilla/DigiCert_Assured_ID_Root_CA.crt
mozilla/DigiCert_Global_Root_CA.crt
mozilla/DigiCert_High_Assurance_EV_Root_CA.crt
mozilla/Entrust_Root_Certification_Authority.crt
mozilla/Firmaprofesional_Root_CA.crt
mozilla/GeoTrust_Global_CA_2.crt
mozilla/GeoTrust_Primary_Certification_Authority.crt
mozilla/GeoTrust_Universal_CA.crt
mozilla/GeoTrust_Universal_CA_2.crt
mozilla/GlobalSign_Root_CA_-_R2.crt
mozilla/Go_Daddy_Class_2_CA.crt
mozilla/NetLock_Business_=Class_B=_Root.crt
mozilla/NetLock_Express_=Class_C=_Root.crt
mozilla/NetLock_Notary_=Class_A=_Root.crt
mozilla/NetLock_Qualified_=Class_QA=_Root.crt
mozilla/QuoVadis_Root_CA_2.crt
mozilla/QuoVadis_Root_CA_3.crt
mozilla/SecureTrust_CA.crt
mozilla/Secure_Global_CA.crt
mozilla/Starfield_Class_2_CA.crt
mozilla/StartCom_Certification_Authority.crt
mozilla/StartCom_Ltd..crt
mozilla/SwissSign_Gold_CA_-_G2.crt
mozilla/SwissSign_Platinum_CA_-_G2.crt
mozilla/SwissSign_Silver_CA_-_G2.crt
mozilla/Swisscom_Root_CA_1.crt
mozilla/TURKTRUST_Certificate_Services_Provider_Root_1.crt
mozilla/TURKTRUST_Certificate_Services_Provider_Root_2.crt
mozilla/Taiwan_GRCA.crt
mozilla/VeriSign_Class_3_Public_Primary_Certification_Authority_-_G5.crt
mozilla/Wells_Fargo_Root_CA.crt
mozilla/XRamp_Global_CA_Root.crt
mozilla/thawte_Primary_Root_CA.crt
spi-inc.org/spi-ca-2003.crt
spi-inc.org/spi-cacert-2008.crt
telesec.de/deutsche-telekom-root-ca-2.crt

What do I need to do to get the warning and question back, or, better yet, automatically accept the certificate (instead of automatically denying it)?

Marc