Re: Can't umount smb share because of nepomukse

On Thu, 24 Feb 2011 09:20:09 -0600, Kent West wrote:

> I've smbmount'd a share, and when I try to umount it, I get the message:
>
> westk@westek:~$ sudo umount mnt
> umount: /home/westk/mnt: device is busy.
>          (In some cases useful info about processes that use
>           the device is found by lsof(8) or fuser(1))
>
> So I run
>
> westk@westek:~$ lsof | grep mnt
> nepomukse  3261       westk   20r      DIR       0,18          0
> 281474977030618 /home/westk/mnt/Techs/brunerj/Old
> Projects/pybusk/Documents/Fonts/Fonts 2/Elysium Medium 1 ^C
>
> Google reveals that nepomuk is a "social semantic desktop", whatever
> that is. I suspect I could kill all the nepomuk processes and umount my
> share, but I doubt that's the correct way to do it.
>
> What is the correct way for me to unmount this share?

You can start by killing that process and try umounting again.

It could be that nepomuk is indexing/fetching/scanning content from that
local mount point and umount command complains. I think you can define
what directories you want to be indexed (under KDE control center/user
settings).

Greetings,

--
Camaleón