Re: Debian Multi-Media.

On the 23/02/2011 20:50, Camaleón wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Feb 2011 13:34:05 -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:
>
>> On 02/23/2011 11:16 AM, Camaleón wrote:
>
>>> Shouldn't D-M maintainers post here about any problem on the repos or
>>> widespread a bit more what is going on?
>>>

>> "Should"???
>>
>> It would be *nice* and it would be *helpful* to do so, but seeing that
>> neither you nor I are paying him for the time, effort, bandwidth, etc,
>> those who still use oldstable should just be glad that he's doing it.
>
> I think you misunderstood my words... or maybe I didn't chose the right
> ones.
>
> I wasn't saying that they *should* provide _packages_ for oldstable
> releases but *notify* here -in this same mailing list, where people can
> then spread those changes elsewhere- for any update in D-M repositories.
>
> Greetings,

Hi, since debian-multimedia is a side project and not Debian proper it
makes sense that news regarding d-m are posted on d-m list and not here.
As for anyone using d-m and willing to stay on top of things subscribing to:
dmo-discussion@debian-multimedia.org
and other d-m lists, or pay www.debian-multimedia.org a regular visit.
Seems like the right path to follow, to me at least.