Re: SSH pauses

Nate Bargmann ask;

I notice that when I am logged into my desktop remotely via SSH that I
get frequent pauses sometimes lasting for up to a half a minute or so.
Generally it's not too problematic although it is annoying when typing
an email (I log into my home box to read and send mail so it's all in
one place).

Is there some way to monitor the connection so that I can see what the
issue might be?  It almost seems as though the connection loses sync in
some way.

---

Not really an answer to your question about monitoring the connection, but I often get pauses or lag segments when SSHing to my home server. This is usually done over the net though and figure it's normal. remember your sending an encrypted stream out and interacting through it live, as you type... There's a lot of weight on both machines to encrypt/decrypt as well as amount of data going through the pipe all real time. I really doubt your having an actual issue stability or service wise, but I'm not an ssh expert...

TeddyB