Re: Squeeze: No sound in YouTube

On 2011-02-21 17:17, Mauricio Contreras wrote:
> I have just installed Squeeze from 3 DVDs with KDE. I did a clean install. I
> can hear system sounds, and Amarok plays my mp3 files.
> I installed flash non-free: I can see Flash files but I cannot hear any
> sound on YouTube and similar sites.
>
> I have two sound cards, indexed
> 0 on the motherboard (Intel chipset) and
> 1 a SoundBlaster Live (emu10k1)

FWIW: I have two sound cards as well, and kde is configured to use the
second sound card (1). AFAICT this works for all applications -- except
for flash!!!

Hence, I guess that this is rather a bug in flash than a problem of
debian, but would like to know, if there is a work around.

I have tried to blacklist and 'modprobe -r' the other sound card (as I
did on lenny), yet this does not seem to work for squeeze.

> How and where can I point the system to use my #1 card instead of #0? What
> utilities might I be missing to solve the issue?

>From what you write, it seems it is not the 'system' that uses the wrong
card, but just flashplugin-nonfree.

Johannes