Re: acpi trouble

the only problem is, my battery seems not to generate any events (i
checked with acpi_listen), except when plugging/unplugging from AC
power. in particular, it doesn't generate any event when it's
charging/discharging (even at very low levels).
Does it work when the charging/discharging events are triggered directly
by Gnome? (e.g., if you tell the battery icon on the systray to be
visible just on charge/discharge).
i haven't tested it yet. i've used xfce (now fluxbox) and the plugin worked. but i don't know how it works. does it use acpi events, or does it independently checks the status of the battery? (as an.. user level daemon?)

since those events are created by the kernel ( i'm using a vanilla
2.6.32-5, the battery module is auto loaded) and since the status of the
battery (in /sys/....BAT0) is indeed updated every 30 s (or so), the
questions are:

1) how do i force the kernel produce those events? is there a way?
2) shoud i consider an upgrade of the bios?
3) what about other laptops? do anybody share this problem?
I guess the events should be automatically detected by the kernel. If
they're not, maybe something is broken (DSDT tables, ACPI BIOS...).

Do you have loaded "eeepc_laptop" module? :-?

can't check that now, but i'll do that later. yesterday, btw, i tried to have a look at the kernel configuration..

I would also post this message into Debian eeepc devel mailing list, it's
quite possible you can hit more replies on this matter in there:

http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/debian-eeepc-devel/

Greetings,

thanks for your reply :)

--