Re: selecting old machines for firewall/router use

John Hasler put forth on 2/20/2011 3:08 PM:
> Elmer writes:
>> 300 Mhz processor boot manager on 3.5-inch diskette so it can boot
>> from diskette, CD or hard drive
>
> That'll work fine as long as it has enough RAM to install Debian.

Not to mention disk space.  Even though the OP asked on this list, I'm
guessing he'd be better off with something like IPCop instead of a
regular distro.  I get the feeling he's not up to manually configuring
iptables rules.

--
Stan