Re: repos for dropbox and skype

On 02/20/2011 06:14 PM, mike cutie and maia wrote:
Hi,

Is their a set of repos to install bidgin I have sid non-free already
enabled

When I do an

Apt-get install skype

And

Apt-get install dropbox

It says it can’t find them and I have done a search on google and the
repos I found don’t work any help wood be greetfully reseved

Hi Mike,

For Skype, you have to update your APT sources with:
deb http://download.skype.com/linux/repos/debian/ stable non-free

This is only for Debian stable.

Check out:
http://wiki.debian.org/skype

But the .deb package is easy to install for testing as well.

Download the package:
wget -O skype-install.deb http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-linux-beta-deb

For some reason dependencies was not automatically installed, so I did it manually:
aptitude install libqt4-dbus libqt4-network libqtcore4 libqtgui4

Then install the package:
dpkg -i skype-install.deb

Not sure if this will handle updates in a good way though.

/Daniel