Re: GNOME root's logins (looking for feeback)

On Sun, Feb 20, 2011 at 10:48:54AM -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On 02/20/2011 09:21 AM, Camaleón wrote:
>
> >Hello,
> >
> >I wonder what is the point of forbidding root's GUI logins from GDM
> >greeter while this can be easily by-passed without editing any
> >configuration file?
> >

> Behavioral conditioning.  Yes, all we geeks know how to do it, but
> our "users" don't, and the extra bit of work-around means that no
> one gets in the bad, bad, bad habit of logging in as root.

Isn't Gnome just following precedent where, in reality, _any_ ability to
operate as root is conditioning at its essence.  What are there, 2 or 3 ways
to reset the root password without any permission or ownership at all?

My _harddrive_ is passworded from the BIOS. I don't understand how airtight
that is but the BIOS info warned that there is no way to access data without
that password.

--
Regards,
Freeman

"Microsoft is not the answer. Microsoft is the question. NO (or Linux) is the
answer." --Somebody