Re: Going remote - some advice please

On 02/20/2011 06:02 AM, AG wrote:
On 20/02/11 11:27, Ron Johnson wrote:
[snip]

If it comes together, and we hope it does, we will be living in a
yurt for ~6 mos

Isn't "I need a computer" antithetical to the spirit of "living in a yurt"?

Anyway, aren't yurts a Mongolian thing?

                in the depths of southern England. No electricity
nor telephone lines.

Dartmoor/Exmoor NP? They're small enough that you could always hike to a neighboring town or farmhouse.

                     Cell phone towers, but not sure yet which
provider gives best coverage.

--
"The normal condition of mankind is tyranny and misery."
Milton Friedman