Re: What Would Cause Poor Performance (Remmina) Over SSH?

On Fri, 2011-02-18 at 10:15 -0500, Gilbert Sullivan wrote:
> <snip>>
>
> Use of compression had a discernible effect. To be honest I really
> didn't expect it to help. This is a pretty fast network. It's still
> slower than tsclient, but it's acceptable now. Without compression the
> screen drawing delays are really obnoxious.
>
> I wonder if there really is that much difference in the amount of
> traffic passed by remmina (FreeRDP) vs. tsclient (rdesktop) over the SSH
> connection. I should do some reading. Maybe FreeRDP is using an
> implementation of the protocol that's more like version 6. I understand
> that rdesktop was sitting at version 5.
>
> Thank you again, Camaleón.
>
> Should I put a [SOLVED] in the message title?

Would you kindly share your findings.  We have been somewhat distressed
over rdesktop and were hoping to change to FreeRDP as it matures.  If I
recall correctly, you mentioned there was no discernible difference when
running locally.  Is that correct? Thanks - John