Re: upgrade using aptitude

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 01:18:02PM -0600, Qi Qi wrote:
> Thanks, Freeman. The problem is solved. I just manually keep back evolution's
> upgrade in aptitude, and then all the others were upgraded smoothly. Now
> my debian is on unstale version. My source list do jumping among stable,
> testing, and unstable, and unstable's has the highest priority. The good
> thing of this way is rolling upgrade.

Sorry! I should have stopped rushing and read your post with more care. You
clearly indicated unstable and I responded for squeeze!

> Still another dependency conflict loop is constituded by upgrading of
> evolution and libgtkhtml3.14-19. This dependency conflict needs to
> resolve. It's probably on the way.

Something is always on the way. I am even getting late upgrades in squeeze
stable.

I recently read here that unstable can be more stable than testing.

When in testing, my radeon card lost support in fglrx. Part of the solution
was firmware-linux-* from unstable/experimental.

The other part was a sid kernel.

Since I still run those, I guess I am not in stable, rather, stable/mixed.

--
Regards,
Freeman

"Microsoft is not the answer. Microsoft is the question. NO (or Linux) is the
answer." --Somebody