Re: upgrade using aptitude

Qi Qi:

> I have been using debian unstable. After debian 6.0 released, aptitude
> upgrading asks me to remove gnome, gnome-core, and
> gnome-desktop-enviroment,etc.

I doubt that you are using (safe-)upgrade. You are probably having
trouble using full-upgrade which you didn't have if you used a
safe-upgrade instead.

> I tried different resolutions provided in aptitude for dependency conflicts. But
> it seems all of the proposals asks for gnome removal. Is it normal
> during the transition of debian upgrading time?

Yes. Unstable usually has dependency problems shortly after a release.
If you regularly run safe-upgrades and watch your step when doing
full-upgrades, things usually end up fine.

J.
--
I am not scared of death but terrified of people in Tommy Hilfiger
sweatshirts.