Re: Gnome, the screensaver and the lock screen background

On Tue, 15 Feb 2011 22:48:29 -0800, tony mollica wrote:

> I did find a few bits of information that weren't pertinent, much less
> solve the
> problem, but here it is:
>
> How is the locked screen background manipulated for color or background
> image?  This is the screen where you come out of screensaver mode to the
> login box that gets you back into the active session.

Good question.

The background color of my locked screen is "black/noir" and the greeter
style is very "minimalistic" (just to say something).

> This is a fresh dist-upgrade to Debian 6-amd64 from a very minimal and
> clean Lenny-amd64 installation.  Upgrade went very well, everything
> works, but a plain
> white (and very bright) re-login screen after coming out of the
> screensaver is extremely annoying.
>
> Any suggestions?  The usual ones I've found don't work.

There is a g-conf value under "/apps/gnome-screensaver/lock_dialog_theme"
that seems to be for changing the theme for the lock screen, but I dunno
how/if that works (BTW, I've tested by downloading a screensaver theme
from "Gnome-look" but apparently it makes no difference or is just simply
that I don't know how to configure it :-?).

Greetings,

--
Camaleón