Re: fresh squeeze install fails to partition

On 02/15/2011 04:43 PM, Neal Hogan wrote:
My goal was to install the debian GNU/bsd system, but things seemed to
be messed up. I've tried the mini.iso and full net-iso for both the
gnu/bsd and gnu/linux system (i386) and no matter what I try it fails
to partition my drive.
   eg.
      "[!!] Partition disks
       Failed to create a file system
       The ufs file system creation in partition #6 of ATA1 (ad0) failed"
No matter what option I try, the default, all-in-one partition, the
seperation /home partition, etc., it doesn't work.

I (almost) always partition my drives manually, and recently installed Debian i386 5.0.8 DVD 1 on one machine and Debian i386 6.0.0 DVD 1 on two others without any problems.

David