Re: Need scancode for mouse buttons

On Mon, 14 Feb 2011 18:03:34 +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:

> I have a nice new mouse with two extra multimedia buttons. When I try to
> get the scancodes with "xev", "xbindkeys -k", "showkey", or "showkey -s"
> then I see no output. There are some other functional keys on this mouse
> which also show no output with those tools, such as the side scroll
> feature, so I suspect that there must be _some_ way to get the codes.
>
> Other than Xev, Xbindkeys, and Showkey, what tools can I use? I
> specifically bought this mouse because of the location of the two extra
> keys, as I have a manual disability and cannot use the special keys of
> regular mice.

Xinput or Imwheel? But it seems to me a bit overwhelming as both look
like tools for directly setting up the mouse by mapping buttons with
actions :-?

BTW, what is the brand and model of your device and how it is being
detected by Xorg? ("grep -i mouse /var/log/Xorg.0.log" will give you some
hints).

Greetings,

--
Camaleón