[Fwd: Re: shorewall & IMAP]

A copy to the list for the archive
--- Begin Message ---
On 02/14/2011 04:39 AM, Sjoerd Hardeman wrote:
IMAP/ACCEPT     $FW    net
IMAPS/ACCEPT    $FW    net

You can try if it works by telnetting from your laptop to your desktop on port 143 (plain) or 993 (ssl). Check in the main time your /var/log/messages on the desktop to see if any blocked traffic has been logged.

thanks,
I knew it was a shorewall problem, because ssh works, and apache worked after I added the port 81.. My ISP put in a new ADSL modem/router that I have no admin rights on, so I am not sure what gets in from the outside.. I am just concerned about my little subnet, checking email from a laptop right here locally..

--
Paul Cartwright