Re: 3ware 9650SE-8LPML degrading every day

Michael Kress put forth on 2/14/2011 12:35 AM:

> The drive in port 0 degrades, rebuilds and after a few hours everything
> is on OK.
> Does anybody have an idea what's going on here?
> I've just replaced that drive recently, because it was reported faulty.
> Might the cable on port 0 be bad?

Given your problem report, common sense tells any/all of us that you have a
hardware problem unrelated to the drives themselves:  one flagged,
replaced--replacement having problems immediately.  It could be any or more than
one of the following:

1.  Loose/flaky SATA cable <--individual or octopus cable?
2.  Flaky hot swap carrier
3.  Flaky hot swap backplane
4.  Failing Phy on the SATA port on the 9650SE
5.  Flaky power cable/connection to the drive/carrier/backplane
6.  ...

--
Stan