Re: installing dnsproxy on Ubuntu from Debian repository

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 4:15 PM, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.
<bss@iguanasuicide.net> wrote:
> In <[🔎] AANLkTi=f0rq10G6qmVG9H5cRXjxyuQomVp1K4ReZsNZ0@mail.gmail.com>, Tapas
> Mishra wrote:
>>On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 3:53 AM, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.
>><bss@iguanasuicide.net> wrote:
>>>>
>>> Don't.  Mixing the repositories isn't supported by either development
>>> team.
>>>
>>> If you must, then you can download a .deb from packages.d.o.
>>
>>Very correct that is what my concern is also.
>>Then in that situation what do you think is the correct way to go?
>
> Installing the Debian sid package is the easiest way to go.
>
> For a slightly more correct way, you could take the Debian source package,
> tweak the version in debian/changelog, and rebuild it in a lucid environment.

In this particular case, the Ubuntu bug report that the OP was looking
at was almost a year old and the Ubuntu version is now the same as the
Sid one - it's in fact the exact same package because it's from the
unmaintained-by-Ubuntu section of the Ubuntu repositories. The OP
seemed to have a problem installing it from the Ubuntu repositories in
his source.list and I suggested on ubuntu-users that he try a
different repository...