Re: Help with my Squeeze upgrade! (missing fonts)

Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:

> This is a shoot in the dark, but maybe you are experiencing some of the
> side effects this FAQ is pointing out :-?

Seems like a good idea. I checked it. Now in /etc/fonts/local.conf there is no mention of bitmapped fonts, but instead there's a symlink 70-no-bitmaps.conf in /etc/fonts/conf.d/ ... so I deleted it and updated the font cache. Got about 250 new fonts ... but my LMTypewriter-10 was not among them!

I guess packages.debian.org has been down all day (talk about timing!), but I noticed that I lost xfstt in the upgrade. I reinstalled that, too. Still no dice!

Another clue: earlier today, I found the following in /etc/fonts/conf.d/30-defoma.conf:

   <alias>
      <family>monospace</family>
   </alias>

I ran defoma-reconfigure, and that section isn't in the file anymore!